Behavior of a Totalitarian Dictatorship
For decades, the United States has been vocal in calling out any administration in every country for threatening, arresting, and imprisoning political opponents. Yet, in America today, aided by the complete blackout of coverage by the media, there is an entire group of political prisoners who have been held without cause for almost six months.
Following the events at the Capitol on January 6th, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Department of Justice (DOJ), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and other agencies from Washington’s alphabet soup, have detained individuals for their actions that day. The crimes they have been charged with are minor in comparison to those swept under the rug by these same agencies in connection with the ANTIFA and Black Lives Matter riots.
The new Attorney General for the Biden Administration, Merrick Garland, infamously refused to refer to the month-long siege on the Portland Federal Courthouse as an act of domestic terrorism during his confirmation process. His reasoning was essentially that the attacks on the Courthouse took place at night, and the protestors entered the Capitol building during the daylight hours. In case AG Garland has forgotten the letter of the law, U.S. statute 18 USC § 2331 reads:
(5) the term “domestic terrorism” means activities that— (A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State; (B) appear to be intended— (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and (C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States.
Clearly, the time of day or the positioning of the sun has little to do with the criminal liability incurred by an individual for their actions. Although it may seem confusing as to why the AG would be incapable of making such an obvious concession to Senator Josh Hawley and the Republican party, it is because such an admission undermines the two-tiered justice system they are currently enforcing. Even if it is thin, this venier allows them to treat one group of political protestors as insignificant, and the other as the “greatest threat to American democracy.”
Law enforcement let ANTIFA and BLM go round and round through their revolving door every night in Seattle, Portland (and other cities), while protestors from January 6th without a criminal record are held in solitary confinement before their trials. As the prosecution continues to ask for extensions to begin their trials, the defendant’s constitutional right to a fair and speedy trial is violated everyday.
Julie Kelly for American Greatness joined Mark Levin’s show to discuss how the Trump supporters are being treated throughout this process. We here at Survival Dispatch have covered this ongoing political persecution before:
The FBI arrested disabled retired Army Sergeant Kenneth Harrelson for his involvement in the Capitol protest on the 6th of January. According to his wife, they failed to present a warrant before removing her from their home in order to search it after handcuffing her husband. Angel Harrelson has also alleged that the government has frozen her family’s bank accounts making it almost impossible to pay legal fees or feed their two children while waiting for Kenneth’s arraignment.
The most concerning part of this story is the lack of coverage, whether from the media, republican politicians, or even concerned citizens. It is clear that most people are unaware this issue even exists in the United States right now. In their collaboration with Big Tech, the media has found a way to keep unfavorable stories completely out of the public consciousness. That is a level of control that tyrants of the past such as Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler, Mao Zedung, Pol Pot, and Fidel Castro could have only imagined.
In her latest piece, which she discussed on Life, Liberty, and Levin, Julie Kelly discussed the testimony of one of the prisoners being held in the D.C. Beltway. Without disclosing their name, Julie quotes one of the emails from the detainee describing the way they are treated,
For example, a correctional officer from a different pod came to C2B screaming at us late at night on 6/1/21 because we had just sang “God Bless America” [sic] from behind our locked doors like we do every night. Being as we are on lockdown 22 hours a day, it’s nice to keep morale up through patriotism. When [name omitted by American Greatness] my next door neighbor informed the officer that we were just singing “God Bless America” the officer responded by yelling, “Fuck America!”
It is imperative that the rule of law be restored, that the equal application of justice be ensured, and that the institutions of power are not used to punish political dissidents. That will only happen if there is an overwhelming call for this disgraceful crackdown on political opponents to end. America as we know it, ceases to exist the moment that equal justice under the law is sacrificed for political expediency.
If you want to do something about this, contact your Senators and Congressmen, support journalists like Julie Kelly and outlets like American Greatness. There are so few voices attempting to uncover what the federal government has been doing under the Biden Administration and even fewer attempting to bring it to light.
In Other News
5 Headlines You Might Have Missed
- Wyoming was the latest state to send a delegation to the Maricopa Audit, totaling over 10 who have observed the operation.
- A judge in Georgia has granted a motion to delay the deposition of Ruby Freeman and her daughter Shae Moss for their actions in Fulton county relating to the Nov 3rd election.
- Videos of bats inside the Wuhan lab have surfaced, debunking Peter Daszak of EcoHealth’s claim that there were never any such animals at the lab.
- An election official in Georgia has admitted to The Georgia Star News that there is no chain of custody for some of the dropbox ballots counted in the General Election
- In a press release, Donald Trump has bragged about his record going against the narrative pushed by the mainstream media on issues like the origins of Covid, Hydroxychloroquine, Biden as a leader, and others.