Biden Pushing Ahead on $1.9 Trillion Stimulus
Wasting no time with their new majority, Democrats and President Biden are mashing the pedal to the firewall in their effort to bring down the economy. The new stimulus plan will see direct cash payments of $1,400 per person with a cap for those making more than $100K. Some Democrats, and even Republicans, want the cap lowered to $50K to ensure the money goes to those that really need it.
Here are the details of the new plan:
EDUCATION AND LABOR PANEL
- $130 billion for kindergarten through 12th grade school reopening.
- $40 billion for higher-education institutions.
- $39 billion for childcare businesses.
- $5 billion for extended pandemic food benefits.
- $4 billion for expanded home-heating assistance.
- $1.4 billion for senior-care services.
- Provisions to tighten workplace safety standards for Covid-19.
- Funding to subsidize health insurance for the newly unemployed, and to address a rise in domestic violence and child abuse.
FINANCIAL SERVICES COMMITTEE
- $10 billion to use the Defense Production Act to produce masks and other Covid-19 equipment.
- $25 billion for rental assistance, largely run through the Treasury Department.
- $5 billion in assistance for the homeless.
- $10 billion for direct assistance to homeowners for mortgage payments, property taxes, and utility costs.
- $14 billion in payroll assistance to airlines, with $1 billion for their contractors.
- $50 billion for the Federal Emergency Management Agency to deal with the Covid-19 disaster.
- $30 billion for transit.
- $8 billion for airports.
- $1.5 billion for Amtrak.
CHILD TAX CREDIT
- Boosts the annual child credit to $3,600 a year for children five and younger and $3,000 for those six and up.
- The money would come in monthly instalments from July through December.
- The maximum child tax credit is currently $2,000 and is disbursed annually.
- Single-parent households earning up to $75,000 or couples making $150,000 will get the full credit amounts, which will phase out for incomes above those levels.
- The credits will be based on a family’s 2020 income.
Trump Impeachment Trial Began Tuesday
In the Left’s determination to punish former President Trump, they begin their second impeachment trial Tuesday. The first line of business will be to determine if Congress even has the authority to impeach a former President, which, naturally, the Democrats feel they do—if for no other reason than they say so. It’s a common theme in all things with the Left.
Here are the details of the trial:
- Feb. 9: Four hours of debate equally divided between prosecutors and defense on whether the trial is constitutional, followed by a vote needing a simple majority to proceed.
- Feb. 10, 12:00 p.m. ET: House of Representatives will begin arguing its case; prosecutors and defense will have up to 16 hours each to present their arguments, with neither side permitted to present for more than eight hours per day.
- Feb. 12, 5:00 p.m. ET: The trial will break through Saturday.
- Feb. 14, 2:00 p.m. ET: The trial will reconvene Sunday.
- Arguments will be followed by four hours for senators’ questions.
- If the House impeachment managers want to call witnesses or subpoena documents, there will be two hours of debate by each side followed by a Senate vote on whether to allow this.
- If witnesses are called, there will be enough time given to depose them, and for each party to complete discovery before testimony is given.
- Once witnesses and evidence is dealt with, there will be four hours of closing arguments divided evenly between the prosecutors and defense.
- Lastly, will come the vote on conviction or acquittal, for which a two-thirds majority is required.
Trump will not testify in his defense which led Democrats to point to his refusal as admission of his culpability in the January 6th riot. In New Amerika, the presumption of innocence does not exist for some. We will only see this trend continue as the new administration is even more emboldened in its war on Conservatives.
Global War on Terror Goes Domestic
To think there is a generation of people that grew up in the shadow of the Global War on Terror is a frightening thing. However, soon we will think back on those days of the U.S. government destroying majority Muslim countries in the name of fighting terrorism with a nostalgic fondness. The new War on Domestic Terror is quickly spinning up, and it will make the last two decades of global conquest pale in comparison.
According to the DHS the “New” threat to Amerika is, “ideologically-motivated violent extremists with objections to the exercise of governmental authority” and other “perceived grievances fueled by false narratives.”
They are believed to be “motivated by a range of issues, including anger over Covid-19 restrictions, the 2020 election results, police use of force,” and other dangerous “false narratives.”
In case you didn’t notice, every one of these is a “thought” crime. Just as Orwell predicted in 1984, and many of us have joked and laughed about for decades, wrong thinking is alive and well, and it must be stamped out.
House Homeland Security Committee Ready to Round up Extremists
The House Homeland Security Committee met last Thursday to begin laying the groundwork for new legislation that would provide specific federal punishments for domestic extremists. Not that there isn’t already a significant framework for such actions already that go so far as to allow Amerikan citizens to be whisked off to black sites in foreign countries and held indefinitely without due process. Apparently, that isn’t enough. Elizabeth Neumann, former Assistant Secretary of Homeland Security, stated that the threat of another attack like the one on January 6th (which wouldn’t even have received media coverage if the crowd was dressed in Black Bloc) was imminent and would persist for another two decades.
Jonathan Greenblatt of the Anti-Defamation League told lawmakers that the January 6th “attack” was a watershed moment for white supremacists movements, and that they saw the breach of the Capitol as a victory. Rep Michael McCaul R-Texas said, “I think it sends a strong message about where Congress is, that we’re going to treat domestic terrorism on an equal plane as international terrorism.”
Rep Andrew S. Clyde R-Georgia was the only lawmaker to question the idea of targeting people with different views saying, “can people not have differing opinions and those opinions not affect the actual work that they do?” To which Greenblatt replied, “Fierce debate shouldn’t allow you to dehumanize me or any other person from any minority group.” To be clear, make no mistake, you are witnessing the death of freedom in Amerika. Free speech must be muzzled, and, this time, they mean to do it.
Water Treatment Plant Hacked
A water treatment plant in Oldsmar, Florida was recently hacked, and the actors intentionally adjusted levels of sodium hydroxide, lye, to dangerous levels. Plant operators saw the rise in their instruments and immediately corrected the problem. They were shocked, when later in the day, they actually witnessed someone take control of the mouse for the computer that runs the system, and the mouse begin to move on its own in an attempt to once again adjust the levels upward. While the attack was thwarted, the actors have not been identified.