Most of you reading this practice in-fight training… that’s predominantly the physical skills needed to defend oneself… important, yes, but it’s really the “pre-fight” skills that are more important.
Watch Part 1 of this short video – I explain how the ambush triggers the startle-flinch and why this organic protective response is necessary for anyone who truly wants to be prepared for sudden violence.
Weigh and consider 🙏👊
– The ambush bypasses the cognitive brain.
– Startle-flinch occurs at the unconscious level.
– Anchoring a cognitive response to the startle-flinch helps convert it faster.
– This is the primary objective for baseline SPEAR drills.
Can you really prepare for an ambush?
Of course, you can. That’s what the SPEAR System® is all about!
- You can develop your personal skills.
- Learn to use improvised weapons.
- Learn to use weapons.
- You can stay in great tactical shape.
- You can spar and keep your mind and movement sharp. (Click here to watch some of our evidence-based scenario training.)