Train the brain.
Replicate realistic scenarios.
Educate the anticipatory cells in the brain.
This will improve perception speed and reaction time.
First, watch this video and try not to judge because everyone is a highly trained martial artist – but you can’t tell that from how they react to the violence. In fact, it looks a little like they aren’t trained at all!
The how and why could save your life!
The HOW & WHY:
During High Gear® scenario training, we replicate real-life violence. We aren’t sparring; we’re using real videos to replicate sudden violence.
This forces the defender to rely on natural movement, instincts, and intuition.
Prepared counters aren’t relevant any longer.
👉 When you don’t know when the attack will happen, where the attacker is coming from, the type of weapon being used, or the direction of attack, your brain can’t prepare or pre-select the counter (like everyone does in demonstrations).👈
The problem is, this may not be how you are training, which could have a real impact on how you experience fear and movement during a truly violent encounter.
This is how our research on startle-flinch conversion and managing fear helps.
- We build your personal defense skills around your hard-wired reflexes.
- Every drill we do integrates the laws of physiology, physics, and psychology which give you the greatest opportunity to survive an ambush.
There are two parts to our method: The Tactic & The System
- The SPEAR Tactic is the tactical application of the hands and forearms used to protect the head. This movement is a non-conscious reaction to sudden danger – humans deploy this at a physiological level with zero conscious thought.
- The SPEAR System® is far more robust. It’s a true system that looks at the relationship between physiology, kinesiology, and psychology and how they work together to protect its human (that’s ‘us’ 😬).
The drill above is phase 2 of our system – it’s live in-person pressure testing.
We isolate critical moments like the one in the video where a sudden ambush triggers the reactive brain which then bypasses the cognitive brain and the startle-flinch response is triggered.
This is LITERALLY THE GOAL of a drill like this and why it’s so enlightening for the participants because they experience true stress inoculation which leads to greater self-awareness and allows them to debrief areas they may want to focus on for future preparation. The personal AAR at the end of this training reveals all the things we want to improve!
Most reality based training isn’t based on reality.
If you’re watching a demo and the instructor moves perfectly, there’s close to a 101% chance 😉 the demo is #choreographed and the role-player is #cooperative (paradigm shift: your real opponent will not be.)
No one ever looks cool or good in a truly violent encounter. There’s always chaos.
On judgment day you won’t be asked how much you read, but rather how much you’ve done. Let’s train.
Become a Survival Dispatch Insider …
We bring together survival enthusiasts and preppers to share skills and knowledge, so you can enhance your preparedness for emergencies and ensure the safety of you and your community.
The Results You’ll Get …
Our community, courses, and memberships are pretty special. We’re focused on the ways it will make a huge difference in your life.
Here are a few of the things you’ll be able to do as a member of Survival Dispatch Insider …
1) Improve your emergency preparedness by learning survival skills and strategies from experienced preppers.
2) Build lasting connections with like-minded individuals that share your passion for safety and readiness.
3) Access a wealth of knowledge and resources to assist in protecting you and your community during unexpected situations.
Click HERE to get started.