WATCH THIS VIDEO & THEN READ BELOW
The Mind Navigates The Body.
“How I think affects how I feel. How I feel affects how I think, both influence how I move.”
– from The Theory of Presumed Compliance
These are three personal expressions that guide my philosophy when I’m training.
- Efficiency can amplify effectiveness.
- If you can do it slow – you can do it fast.
- If you “mean to do it,” make it “mean.”
Efficiency: I am always “feeling” every movement when I move. I am feeling the floor, the micro-adjustments at the proprioception level, and, of course, the bigger ‘gross motor’ movements. I am always working to harmonize the fine, complex, and gross motor skill relationships. I want harmonious tension.
Slow: Moving slowly allows me to monitor and re-calibrate so that I am always 100% invested in the emotional, biomechanical, and psychological precision of my action. This feedback is critical if you want to have confidence in your movement and skill.
Meanness: Even in slow motion or slow speeds, I am visualizing the scenario. I’m thinking about “Indignation,” a very special type of anger. I’m thinking about the impact and damage to the targets I see and touch, even if I’m shadow-fighting with an apparition in the air. Message? I am invested emotionally in my practice. It’s why I can do one 5-minute drill and break into a serious sweat.
Understanding how to move your body efficiently is a brain-based practice. There is much more we can all do to enhance athletic prowess intelligently.
Train hard, stay safe,
Become a Survival Dispatch Insider …
We bring together survival enthusiasts and preppers to share skills and knowledge, so you can enhance your preparedness for emergencies and ensure the safety of you and your community.
The Results You’ll Get …
Our community, courses, and memberships are pretty special. We’re focused on the ways it will make a huge difference in your life.
Here are a few of the things you’ll be able to do as a member of Survival Dispatch Insider …
1) Improve your emergency preparedness by learning survival skills and strategies from experienced preppers.
2) Build lasting connections with like-minded individuals that share your passion for safety and readiness.
3) Access a wealth of knowledge and resources to assist in protecting you and your community during unexpected situations.
Click HERE to get started.