(SPEAR Coaches Danny Tamblyn and Neil Wilson do an excellent job demoing the drill during one of our international SPEAR System®: Instructor Certification courses in the United Kingdom.)
One of the things we preach in our system is how the system has universal application for ALL, regardless of experience, gender, or level.
We can claim that because the system is based on the real sciences of neurobiology, kinesiology, and psychology.
In this isolation drill, we see kinesiology at play.
This is an empirical drill that shows the power of YOUR crossed-extensor chain.
This is our classic dynamic/alive SPEAR System® drill, the Linear/Lateral duck-under drill. It allows students of the SPEAR to experience key principles that build both competence and confidence in their own movement.
- The drill allows the defender to practice off-balance to on-balance principles, as they have no idea when the attacker will move or in which direction. This is a huge advantage and affects the defender’s psychology about sudden violence.
- Aside from the jack-in-the-box moment (surprise attack), the defender gets to truly experience how the body’s extensor chain (Defender: pushing away danger) can negate the flexor chain (Attacker: grabbing to get ahold of the intended victim).
Once again, physiology rules.
Become a Survival Dispatch Insider …
We bring together survival enthusiasts and preppers to share skills and knowledge, so you can enhance your preparedness for emergencies and ensure the safety of you and your community.
The Results You’ll Get …
Our community, courses, and memberships are pretty special. We’re focused on the ways it will make a huge difference in your life.
Here are a few of the things you’ll be able to do as a member of Survival Dispatch Insider …
1) Improve your emergency preparedness by learning survival skills and strategies from experienced preppers.
2) Build lasting connections with like-minded individuals that share your passion for safety and readiness.
3) Access a wealth of knowledge and resources to assist in protecting you and your community during unexpected situations.
Click HERE to get started.