Pioneers and innovators are rare. Tony is both.
His approach to self-defense is grounded in applied psychology, physiology, and tactical skills.”
-Michael Gervais, PhD
UFC & MMA Icon Forrest Griffin tweeted this after listening to the interview between Coach Blauer and Michael Gervais:
I was honored to be a guest on the Finding Mastery Podcast hosted by my friend Michael Gervais.
In this podcast, we discussed:
- How I define fear
- Why I believe no one is fearless but having fear isn’t a bad thing
- The first step towards managing fear: being aware of it and identifying it
- The reason I became so interested in developing strategies to manage fear: Noticing those who trained in physical combat weren’t able to harness their technique in times of crisis and asking why
- How that realization led to refining my approach to teaching fear-based responses: tactical over technical
- My stimulus-response model: motivation, expectation, visualization
- And much more